Tenancy may not be extended without the prior agreement of the owner or the agency, thus accepted by the tenant. If, for any reason, the tenant does not leave the premises on the day and time fixed in this contract, he/she shall pay SECLYM in addition to the rent for the period not included in the initial rental contract, the amount of the damages which may be claimed by the tenant whose stay would thus be jeopardized. However, any tenant who wishes to extend his/her stay must make a request to SECLYM no later than 2 days after the planned departure date. If the extension is granted, he/she shall immediately pay the amount which corresponds to this extension.
In the case of a shortened stay, for whatever reason, SECLYM shall in no case be held to reimburse the rent corresponding to this shortened stay.
SECLYM solemnly declares it does not and is not attempting to engage in any profession in the vicinity and the region where the rental premises which are the object of this contract are located and that the premises rented are rented solely as a temporary and holiday residence, these being key requirements without which this rental would not have been granted.
The tenant who has paid a deposit on the rental agrees to take possession of the premises on the date of availability fixed in the contract and to pay on said date the balance of the rental price whatever may occur, be it illness, accident or unforeseen circumstances. In the case where these conditions are not met, the landlord would have the right to immediately re-let the premises which are the object of this contract. However, the tenant shall still be obliged to pay the balance of the rent. If the premises can be re-let, the loss suffered by the owner and the agency’s commission only would remain the liability of the defaulting tenant. Whatever the case, the deposit on the rental paid in advance shall be retained as compensation.
The security deposit is paid to meet the cost of the damage which may be caused to the furniture or other objects in the rented premises. This security deposit may in no case be considered as an advance payment of rent and cannot produce any interest.
This sum will be refunded within one month deduction for possible damage and the possible cleaning of the premises.
Should the security deposit be insufficient, the tenant agrees to complete the sum. If the premises have a telephone, the deposit will be refunded only after the bank statements have been received. The fact that the agency cashes and retains the amount of this security deposit shall not render the agency liable to the owner for the damage which could be caused by the tenant.
1. The furniture and movable items must only be subject to the depreciation which results from the normal use for which they were designed. Those which, at the expiry of this contract, are missing or out-of-service, for a reason other than that of normal wear and tear, shall be paid for or replaced by the tenant, with the consent of the owner or his/her representative. This clause also applies to the wallpaper, draperies and to the building generally.
2. The tenant is responsible, before the final inventory, for putting the furniture and movable items back in the positions they occupied on his/her arrival.
3. The tenant shall abstain completely from throwing into the hand basin, bath, bidet, sink, laundry or toilet, objects likely to obstruct the pipes, failing which he/she will be liable for the costs involved for putting these fixtures back into service. Please note that, due to problems of finding staff or specialized companies in season, the Agency declines all responsibility for delays occurring in the necessary repairs.
4. The tenant cannot claim any reduction in the price of the rent or compensation in the case where urgent repairs for which the owner is liable for occur during the rental period.
5. Under penalty of contract termination, the tenant shall not, IN ANY CASE, sub-let or transfer his/her rights to this contract without the express agreement of the owner or their representative; he/she shall use the rented premises for residential purposes only, and shall not, under any circumstances, store furniture there, with the exception of linen and small objects.
6.If applicable, the following will be retained:
a) The value of the broken or cracked objects;
b) The price of washing or cleaning the rugs, blankets, mattresses, bedding, etc., which may have been soiled.
c) The complete cleaning of the premises.
7. General Household Maintenance Cleaning – The tenant is responsible during his/her rental period for the good maintenance of the rented premises including the sanitary or household fixtures and with special attention for bedding. In the case where the premises are returned in a bad state of cleanliness, the security deposit will be integrally retained as damages and fixed interest. Soiled bedding shall be replaced at the defaulting tenant’s cost.
8. The premises let under this contract must not, under any circumstances, be occupied by a larger number of persons than that indicated in the special terms and conditions, except with prior agreement from the owner or his/her representative. In this case, the owner or their representative can, if he/she wishes, demand extra rent, or refuse entrance to the rented accommodation.
9. The tenant may not, under any circumstances, bring an animal (dog, cat, etc.) into the hereby rented premises without special authorization from the owner or their representative.
10. In the case of re ntal in an apartment block, the tenants shall comply, as occupants of the premises, with the house rules of the apartment block, of which they declare to be familiar. It is expressly forbidden to put washing out to dry in the windows and on the balconies.
11. In the case where the tenant renews the rental, with or without interruption, the usual commissions will be payable to the Agency during the new rental periods.
12. The tenant must check the mutual inventory and point out differences or deficiencies within 48 hours.
13. SECLYM declines all liability in the case of theft or loss of belongings occurring during the location.
14. SECLYM has the right to replace a rental by another of the same value if reasons beyond their control oblige them to do so.
15. The tenant must return the keys of the rented accommodation to the Agency no later than 9 am.
The tenant must be insured with a well-known Insurance company against risks of theft, fire and water damage, both for tenant’s risks and for the furniture provided in the rental, as well as for claims by neighbours, and justify of all these at the first demand from the owner or their representative. Consequently, the owner and his/her representative decline all responsibility for the claims that their Insurance Company could bring against the tenants in the event of a disaster.
For the enforcement of these general terms and conditions, the undersigned parties have as their address the offices of the Agency and agree that in the case of disagreement the competent court shall be the court with jurisdiction for the place where the rented premises are to be found. Possible stamp and registration fees for this contract are at the expense of the tenant.